Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Why do I blog?? Hmmmmm




I swear I will start blogging things other than Berry's memes soon.  I've been having some health issues lately and its been hard to drag myself online once I am home.  But for now....here is Why do I blog?


1. How long have you been blogging?

Not long, I had a blog on my old avi but it was mostly just playing around with pictures that I was never happy with.  So what about a month now?

2. Why did you start blogging?

I guess because I had some RL vs SL stuff I needed to get off my chest.  I never really expected to share this blog but at this point I feel like, what have I got to lose?  If it gets overwhelming I will just stop. 

3. How many times a week do you post an entry?

Once maybe twice a week depending on what is going on in my life.  I would like to blog more but for now that's about all I can do. 


4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?

Tons....I put a bunch on here so I can see when people update and I can read them but I only get to read them a couple times a week.


5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?

I try to.  I am challenging myself right now to comment more.  I have a bad habit of just saying something in plurk.  

6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?

Not really...I don't think many people read it.  I'm totally ok with that since I put a lot of personal stuff here.

7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote?

Never...although what I have written 6 or 7 posts?  LOL I post what I am feeling if someone doesn't like it that is their problem not mine.

8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog?

I hope so.  I try to keep this both RL and SL since they seem to intertwine so much.  I am pretty much just me in all worlds although I am working on myself in both worlds to be less negative. 

9. Do you blog under your real name?

NO...THAT would cause drama I just don't need.


10. Are there topics that you would never blog about? 

Not really...I am pretty much an open book.  I don't censor myself but I keep stuff about my kid close to home.

11. What is the theme/topic of your blog?

RL vs SL is what I would like it to be.  I feel that a lot of people maybe have the same issues I do in that people in their RL are not accepting of your SL.  I will admit that I let it take over my life at some point but now I just go in to have fun.

12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?

Nope just this one =)

13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?

Sometimes its so great to just get things off my chest.  I would like to thing that there are other people out there struggling with the same things I do and if not maybe they can share some insight.  I am not a great writer and I don't pretend to be but again its nice to be able to just write and even if no one reads it I feel better.

14. So, why do you continue to blog?

I guess for me it is just cathartic.  I don't ever intend to be a fashion blogger but I do like to share pictures I think are pretty.  I am never going to be able to shop like some bloggers do nor do I ever expect free stuff.  My intention of this blog is to share what is going on with my life both RL and SL.  I will continue to blog as long as it feels good and if it ever becomes a bother I can just stop. 

Thank you Berry for these.  So nice to have a great starting off place for my blog!  If anyone else knows of places I can find blogger challenges or other memes like these please let me know!

Ta!

6 comments:

  1. I've been blogging two months longer than you, so it feels like we're part of the "new kids" group :)

    If you like taking photographs, perhaps you would enjoy the Single Frame Stories blog challenge. I know I have :) http://singleframestories.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm trying to challenge myself to comment more, too. i tend to read and then have no idea what to say to comment, even if i like the post.

    so, y'know. i liked your post! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new bloggers! Your pics are awesome for being new to it too. It's so nice to see that I'm not the only one who thinks blogging is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys so much! It's nice to know people are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the picture in this post, you look so pretty. I'm happy that the memes are giving you stuff to blog about. I think it's a great way to start your blog, by sharing all this stuff about yourself through the memes so your readers already know about you. Also, if you're looking for more challenges, I believe SL Blogger Support has a bunch here: http://slbloggersupport.wordpress.com/resources/blogger-challenges

    <3

    ReplyDelete